Council Meeting Dec 9, 2013 and Emergency Legislation

News: Council Meeting Dec 9, 2013 and Emergency Legislation

The agenda and read aheads are available for the Monday Dec 9, 2013 meeting.  The biggest items on the agenda are 12G and 12H.  12G tells us Mr. Dave Studebaker turned in his resignation and 12H tells us Chief Schommer will be the interim city manager starting December 27th.  Also, lets talk Emergency Legislation. There are other interesting items but I will let you review them by clicking the…

Emergency clauses

Tom,

Are these some examples of change that might be coming to City government here in Huber Heights in the near future.  The sense I'm getting is the need for more transparency within our city government along with involvement by the community, both which are long overdue.

Looks and sounds good but will there be a majority for  change? This was talked about at a recent Administration meeting and it was very interesting discussion with varying thoughts.  Change was talked about by everyone in attendance but seems to have only lasted for that meeting.  Things have reverted back to the old way of doing business, in looking at City Council agenda for tonight.

Emergency declarations

Interesting discussions on emergency declarations, I too read the city charter in length after my second city council meeting when I noticed EVERY issue was an emergency.
Upon contacting the city, all I got was "this is the way business is done".
Bravo on getting this back to the front burner Tom!
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.
Control functions:

Contract Quick reply