Music Center profit loss discussion - this is fun.

News: Music Center profit loss discussion - this is fun.

The latest discussion on the financial impact the Music Center has on the City budget can be found on the city website and starts 1 hour 5 minutes and 11 seconds into the video (1:05:11).  The latest figures are posted below.  The video to the left starts at about 1:19:25.  This time was chosen because of my remark stating that debating the numbers is fun.  My view is that being able to

Music Center

First off I have always said the city should not be in the seasonal entertainment business. That said I'm tired of the city and community always having such negative issues ALL the time. The Music Center is here let's support it!  Let's get the TRUE numbers so we can do better. But ALSO let's stop the LIES as well. Our "City" officials and staff contributed to this article. The City mangers and others Lied! Why are they not reprimanded for doing so? This is not the firs time this has happen. The water park is an issue as well lied about the numbers. Enough all ready when the "ACTUALLY" numbers come out then release the "REAL" numbers. Not Lies. http://specials.daytondailynews.com/rose-vs-fraze/
Jeff,

I could spend a lot of time examining why the initial report looked the way it did and there are positive and negative aspects in that examination.  For instance:  The profit number was being quoted by one member of council before the election but staff did not publish those numbers until after the election.  This is a positive from my perspective because I'm sure staff was under a lot of pressure to release positive numbers prior to the election because doing so would have given his statements more credibility.  The document once published did have caveats telling us that there was more to come.  On the other hand, those caveats gave the impression that the preliminary numbers were going to be close to the actual cost of running the center.   That doesn't appear to be accurate.  

If all this were happening two years ago we would have never seen an update.  The DDN article would have been published and that would have been the last the public got to see.  This year we are having a conversation that I believe will lead to better understanding of how the Music Center affects the City.   

On that note, let me address the tone of your post.  I personally don't get offend if people discuss my actions using inflammatory terms.  I probably should since I hope to get elected to Congress and it doesn't help that members of the Democratic club, that get completely inaccurate information from their President, run around the City claiming that I'm being deceptive.  But I'd rather people start a conversation by stating I'm a liar than not starting a conversation at all.  Other people aren't so thick-skinned.  Calls for people to get reprimand have their place but at this time I'm seeing much positive progress in our communication with residents.  If within the next couple months we get a web page that allows people to have an intelligent conversation about the Music Center benefits and cost then the city benefits much more than if one person or the other gets censored.   

On the other hand, words encouraging more information  and those that point out other possible costs / benefits that we aren't addressing yet go a long way in helping the process.

Last edit: by Thomas McMasters

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.
Control functions:

Contract Quick reply