TIF and Ms. Brock

News: TIF and Ms. Brock

Monday night Ms Brock spoke Monday at the City Council meeting and was quoted in the Courier.  You can watch the her comments from the city's website.  Citizen comments occur after the presentations of keys to the city and other accolades for service well done.  My wife tells me I should have posted my comment to the article here on HuberResidents.org.  Here it is.

School Board Member Anita…

Further Explanation

The above confusion and statements made about TIF regions and the breakout of of the money collected by the various recipients is exactly why there is a need to provide a clear and informational discussion on this subject.  I am not sure anyone understands all the integral workings of this type of funding mechanism, completely.  The city, school and private citizens need to have a better understanding of how this works in order to be able to make informed decisions.  Everyone wants to throw out the numbers, percentages and opinions of how it all works and they expect everyone to accept it as truth.  I would venture to say the truth lies somewhere in between all the discussions.  I have asked several city officials and school officials about this and find a variety of thoughts and opinions on how this works.  I would like to see an above board fully transparent presentation along with a question and answer opportunity at a townhall meeting. This should be open to the public, advertised and results made available. Everyone can benefit from this type of forum.

I have asked city officials to provide this explanation of TIF regions and we shall see what is presented. It has been discussed on several occasions  but for some reason it falls the wayside until there are disagreements between the various interested parties.  Hopefully more to come in the near future, stay tuned…….

ms brock

Simply said, ms brock comments does NOT represent the residents of HH. Let the vote speak for itself, while I know of ms brock's work with the CofC (paid position) and now on the school board, I would not consider her opinions in any way.  It's time for change, school board members as well!
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.
Control functions:

Contract Quick reply