$1 Billion in gas?

I'm getting a little frustrated that the city won't publish the reports that show us that it makes sense to borrow the $18 million to build the Music Center.  I wonder why they would vote to start construction before they give us an opportunity to read the report that tells us there won't be any traffic problems.  But today I am fascinated by the idea of $1 billion in economic benefit.  Since they didn't provide us that report either, I figured I'd start my own? 

My co-worker and I live about 3 miles straight line distance away from each other.  I was surprise when I learned it took 35 to 40 minutes to get from her house to work. Most days it takes about 18 minutes to get from my house to my desk.

So I was wondering if you add 1500 more houses where my co-worker lives would the amount of gas these people would buy over the next 20 years add up to a billion dollars?  Back of the envelop I’m guessing with 1500 more families there the commute would grow to at least an hour for everyone in Carriage Trails and the commute would grow an additional 10 minutes for the people that live in the Shull Rd neighborhoods.  So maybe its not all that far fetched that it would end up at one billion dollars of additional sales!

Attachment

We work 50 feet from each other

Attachment

Our houses are 3 miles apart (30 minute extra commute)

You know - I'll bet the real report that we paid $40,000 for would be much more interesting than this!

Last edit: by Tom_McMasters

When are you going to post last years video when council revealed the original "The Heights" and also claimed it would generate a billion dollars?

Last edit: by Tom_McMasters

Good idea Thomas
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.
Control functions: