Music Center Sponsorship Council meeting discussion

News: Music Center Sponsorship Council meeting discussion

Though tonight's meeting seemed pretty chaotic it boils down pretty simply.

Before reading the VIP sponsorship contract I thought the VIP section concept consisted of individual ticket purchasers having the option of also buying the experience of using the VIP section.  In this concept if it turned out that all the people in the VIP section were all associated with one family or company it…

The point I should have made.

I think this article flows well.  However, the lesson learned "We should have had at least one committee meeting to discuss this after we got to read the contract."  Didn't really make it into the above article.

new building projects

Hey Tom,
I hate to point this out but…all of the news about a VIP section or all of the unknown details dealing with the Goodsports project, well Huber city hall and council looks like a bunch of amateurs. It is getting to be almost embarassing when I talk to people from other cities in the area. I was asked recently, "Can't Huber just build a damn building without showing how incompetent they are?"  This was from a retired businessman in Centerville.

Honestly, I love being able to learn from your website what actually goes on in the city hall. Yet the more I learn, the more I want to move out of the city.
Doug,

I don't think I could disagree more.   The other option is to go back to where we were two years ago when projects were revealed to the public after they were well underway and we had no input.  

The fact of the matter is that if the public wants input and they want council to evaluate what they are saying and use the good portions, then the public will also know of the times when there is fluctuation and also see when decisions are changed.

It isn't possible for the public to be given the opportunity to help with the decisions and not also know about challenges.   
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.
Control functions:

Contract Quick reply