- State Route 4 – Speed Limit Increase -- The city is on the way to change the current speed limit in the section near I-70 from 50mph to 60mph
- United Water – Not To Exceed Amount
- City Water and Sewer Projects - During discussions council mentioned there exists a chart that ranks possible city water projects. This should be available from city staff if you ask for it. If you get a copy I'd like to see it as well. The main discussion was about an "issue 2" application the city will put in to help offset the cost of putting in a water main on Chambersburg rd toward rt 4. This project would also help water customers on Adams road. Issue 2 applications are taken in Sept. The city previously applied for this grant 2 years ago and application was not approved.
- Trash Hauling and Recycling RFP - The city will release the request for proposal this month so that potential trash hauling companies can bid to become the sole provider of service to residential customers.
- Thomas Cloud Park House Usage - City council has decided to lease the Thomas Cloud Park House to the Chamber of Commerce. The draft lease was not available for council members to review at the meeting. The city manager briefed the monetary rent will be $200 a month. There is also suppose to be language in the lease that will get the renter to maintain the inside appearance, plumbing and utilities. Additionally, the expectation is the Chamber will sublease parts of the building to the Historical Society. The benefit to entering this lease is to get some use from a vacant building that the city has maintain since they assumed control Thomas Cloud park. I am unaware of documentation of efforts to get solicitations from other possible tenants. This lease is not yet authorized if you have other suggestions for use I suggest making them in the Dec 10th council meeting.
- Huber Centre – Code Enforcement Issues - I didn't realize the Historical Society had an area in this building.
- Food Truck Zoning - These have been discussions on how the city should regulate food trucks that park in parking lots and sell food items; for instance a BBQ truck in a shopping center. The council has asked city staff to come up with proposals for regulating. The longest discuss included requiring the owner of the parking lot to contribute to the application process.
- Thomas Cloud Park Planning/City Park Use and Site Planning - The city plans to meet with the current users of Thomas Cloud park this upcoming week. The discussion is to talk about moving fields around and also the construction of additional buildings and facilities. The invitees included Brick City, Youth Soccer, girls soccer, football. If you know of another organization that feels like they can contribute they will have to try and self invite. Call Mr. Borland if you are in this situation.
Not logged in
Last post: October 6th 2016, 4:28 PM
Last post: July 3rd 2016, 8:25 PM
Last post: May 29th 2016, 10:58 PM
Last post: May 24th 2016, 12:36 AM
Last post: May 23rd 2016, 3:55 PM
Last post: March 20th 2016, 12:19 PM
Newest 10 Galleries
The Heights and the Music Center
Huber Heights city council has been trying to develop the city north of I-70 for more than a doze…
(1 image, 4 videos)
TIF districts and Huber Heights
Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
This issue timeline is designed to try and explain TIF districts…
(0 images, 3 videos)
Huber Heights Aquatic and Recreation Center
The City of Huber Heights is in the process of building a recreational activity center that inclu…
(0 images, 4 videos)
Newest 10 Downloads
Click the download icon to the right to get updated city water pressure contour map presented at the Jan 3rd Council Work session. It is 8 mb and takes a long time to render on most computers.
If you are unfamiliar with the discussion of the North Pressure Zone you can read this article. Here are some of the points made:
After the project is complete the average water pressure in this new pressure zone will be 80 psi . The typica…
The attached document was provided to council in response to the question, "What is City Council allowed to consider when making a zoning decision?".
I've also copied and pasted the content below.
What is City Council allowed to consider when making a zoning decision?
Municipalities that have adopted a charter follow procedures in the charter or local ordinances when making zoning decisions. Ohio Case Law invol…
The Huber Heights Comprehensive Plan is presented in three parts:
Part I: Introduction: introduces the purpose and intent of the plan, the planning process and the
background research and key findings.
Part II: The Vision: presents the vision statement, goals and objectives for the community and a
physical plan including the character action areas, the future land use plan, and the infrastructure
description and recommendations.
Part III: Im…
The attached file is a scan of papers the city provided as the response to my Freedom of Information Act request. In that request I asked for two items:
1. The audit/report done by the Montgomery County TID in 2011 that showed the city would be able to finance the Aquatic Center using TIF funds.
2. The report done by city staff that showed the city would be able to finance the new Music Center using TIF funds.
I've just sat down and spent about…
The city authorized $140,000 in order to do due diligence to determine if the Music Center was an economically feasible endeavor. This report was the result of the last $40,000 spent. Download is in .pdf format
The Music Center Validation study available here at HuberResidents.org has not be published by the city and the content raises concerns about the operation and revenue expectation.
Here are the notes I used when I spoke to council. You can…
This document also available directly from the city's website: Public Works Meeting Agenda 10/17/2012
Currently, Huber Heights’ residents living in single family homes, have the opportunity to choose their own waste collection provider. There are several companies who service the city and residents can choose the options and services that best meet their needs. The Huber Heights City Council has requested that City Staff look into the fea…
The council approved the ordinance on April 8, 2013. Here is a link to the agenda item. You can find the Resolution as an attachment as well as the contract.
The city has been looking into contracting with a single trash hauling company to provide residential service for the city. Three companies responded to the Request for Proposal (RFP). This documen…
The Heights retail, hospitality and office development will significantly increase the economic activity in the region and generate millions of dollars of public funds for the City of Huber Heights, Huber Heights Consolidated School District, Montgomery County and the State of Ohio.
This document was revealed on the day the residents first learned about the Heights Development Project
This is the first contract between the city and the developer for "The Heights" development project.
Active topics in General chat
There are currently no topics in this forum
- Users online
- Users online record
- Hits this week
Welcome to our newest member, bulaga8712